Sunday 12 January 2014

A Little More About Me

Believe it or not, Michael Assured is NOT my real name.  It is a name I assumed when I started using Twitter. As some would say, my Twitter handle is @MichaelAssured. I am also on Facebook at facebook.com/manmitchell
During my life’s journey, I have had the privilege of being a … Christian … a Jamaican … a son … a brother … a friend … a technician, a husband … a father … a pastor … and a teacher … and I am thankful for all.  Still, the journey continues … and I believe the best is yet to come.
I use this blog to share my thoughts and views on a variety of subjects, but especially on topics related to religion and politics, two things I find very interesting and which have impacted my life greatly.  Incidentally, I am one of those irreligious people who just happen to love Christ while disliking religion (even so-called “Christian religion” as practised by so many).
I blog about politics because I want others to avoid mistakes I have made and because I want Jamaica, land that I love, to be the best it can be.  I blog about God and authentic Christianity (and sometimes about Christian religion) because I want others to be able to experience, as I have, the joy that is in Christ.  As Paul said in one of his letters …
All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.  2 Corinthians 4:15 (NIV)
Among the sites and blogs I like are:
Tentmaker, Plain Truth Ministries, The Surprising God, Create Your Own Productions, Think Jamaica and TSFMemphis.
I am also the Director of Assured Learning Centre, the main outreach arm of Assured Church in Christ, both of which are present on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment